Definition: Department Coordinator mean; Chairman and/or Vice Chairman of the deparment and Chairman and/or Vice Chairman of the program of Akdeniz University Academic Units (Faculty, Institute, School, Vocational School, Conservatory).
Responsibilities of the Department Coordinators:
● To ensure the organisation and to develop communication strategy within Department/Discipline/Program,
● To prepare the Department/ Discipline /Program‘s action plan with a participatory approach in accordance with the decisions of the Coordination Board, to follow the implementation and to report the failures in the implementation,
● To ensure to upload the vision and mission of the department as well as its program qualifications to automation system,
● To make recommandations regarding institutional action plan,
● The course catalog in accordance with the norms of European High Education,
● Vision and mission of the department,
● Program outcomes/qualifications,
● Course objectives learning outcomes
Expected Impact / Performance Indicator:
That the programs (associate, undergraduate and post-graduate levels) reconstruct themselves in accordance with the principles of Bologna Process is the expected impact to come out as a result of the studies of the department coordinators. It is the success indicator of the coordinators of the department that Bologna Process Actions (Program outcomes, definition of qualifications, creation of course objectives and learning outcomes, implementation of surveys, etc.) are put into effect wholly and on time.
Work Design and Schedule:
The department coordinators are responsible to sub-coordinators, unit supervisors (manager of the Department/discipline/program as well as dean/director), BCC Chairman and Bologna Process Institution Coordinator, succesively.
The department coordinators determine the organization and the work design that are suitable for their own units; they schedule their works in accordance with the final schedules announced by the Coordination Board.
The Department coordinators work in coordination with sub-coordinators, dean’s/director’s office, Bologna Process Institution Coordination, Coordination Board, Managers of the Departments, Managers of the Disciplines, Students Affairs Department, Data Processing Department and Student Council.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
The Department coordinators are liable to chain the vision and mission of the Department as well as program outcomes/qualifications and to register them to automation system. Unit coordinators monitor department coordinators and shares the failures with unit supervisors (dean/director) in order to be reported to BCC chairmanship and Bologna Process Coordination Office (BPCO).